Toronto, April 26, 2016 – The Canadian Music Publishers Association is pleased to announce its newly elected Board of Directors who will begin their two year terms April 27, 2016. These new Board members reflect the diversity of the various music publishers that the CMPA represents and will continue the great work undertaken by the previous Board to navigate and create business opportunities for CMPA members in the new online, global music business ecosystem.
The members of the 2016-2018 CMPA Board are:
- Vivian Barclay – Warner Chappell Music Canada
- Vince Degiorgio – Cymba Music Publishing
- Marcello Favia – Arts & Crafts
- Jodie Ferneyhough – CCS Rights Management
- Gary Furniss – Sony/ATV Music Publishing
- Catherine Jones – Bell Media
- Mark Jowett – Nettwerk Music Group
- David Kokakis – Universal Music Publishing
- Jennifer Mitchell – Casablanca Media Publishing/Red Brick Songs
- Diane Pinet – Bloc-Notes Music Publishing
- Neville Quinlan – peermusic Canada
- Tony Tobias – Pangaea Media & Music
The CMPA would like to thank the following outgoing members of the Board of Directors for their support and involvement: Aideen O’Brien (Entertainment One Group), Patrick Curley (Third Side Music) and Shawn Marino (Universal Music Publishing).
About the Canadian Music Publishers Association
CMPA is the oldest music industry association in Canada (founded in 1949) and was federally incorporated as a non-profit corporation in 2005. We are committed to educating and acting as a mentor body for the next generation of music publishers and young songwriters. Our vision is to make Canada the best environment globally for music publishers and their songwriting partners.
For more information please contact:
Communications & Social Media Specialist
Canadian Music Publishers Association (CMPA)
Phone: 416.926.1966 ext. 310