The Canadian Music Publishers Association (CMPA) is a membership-based organization, founded in 1949, that ensures the views of music publishers working in Canada are heard. It is our mission to create business opportunities for our members and to promote their interests and those of their song writing partners through advocacy, communication, and education.
CMPA ensures that the value and contribution of music publishers, music publishing, and copyright management is understood by artists, the music industry, users of copyrights, governments, and the general public.
CMPA advocates for Canadian music publishers on:
- Copyright reforms for a digital world, including recognition of the responsibilities of new delivery systems
- Investment in songwriter and artist development
- Development of export markets for music publisher products
- Public investment in songwriting and music publishing,
- Fair compensation and recognition by the public sector and other stakeholders of the value of publishers‘ work, both culturally and as an economic force